Share by SMS
Feedier lets you send SMS through the Dashboard to request Feedback from your customers, users or employees. There are two important concepts:
- SMS Pushes: an SMS sent to your participant to kindly ask him to answer your form. SMS is either sent via a campaign or via the API. Every push contains a message to engage the user and a call-to-action.
- SMS campaigns: a group of SMS pushes sent at a given time of your choice. Campaigns can be scheduled or sent directly.
To change the default content sent in the SMS:
- Edit any form and the click on “Options”
- Click “Default Templates”
- Edit the “SMS Campaign” one, it’s used also when using the API. (Figure 2)
The link to the form will be added automatically at the end by Feedier.
To send SMS texts through the Feedier Dashboard, you can create a new SMS campaign:
- Go to the forms listing page
- Edit any form
- In the form builder click “Share”
- Then, click “SMS Campaign”
Create a campaign
Click the “Create New Campaign” button. You will be asked to fill in the campaign details.
- The campaign name is used only in the Dashboard for you to identify the campaign.
- The default message is from the SMS Campaign template
- A sending time can be scheduled, if you want to send it immediately, you can leave the default time.
The next step is to set the recipients, Feedier lets you either type manually the recipients or upload a .CSV file
When uploading a .CSV, the file must have a column “phone” that contains the phone number with the international prefix (using the E.164 format). Phone numbers that follow this format can have a maximum of 15 digits, and they are prefixed with the plus character (+) and the country code.
Send a campaign
To send the campaign immediately, you can click on “Send Immediately” or “Send” in the scheduled campaigns. Once sent by Feedier, the “Last Sent” column will contain the sending time.
When creating a SMS campaign, you can choose to make it “Recurrent”, so it sent at defined moments of your participant’s journey:
SMS pushes can be sent individually via the API, without being related to a campaign. So if you want to send individual SMS. It’s much faster and easier to connect Feedier with Zapier.
This can also be done using the dedicated Push API in Feedier, documentation is available here.
- Go on the Insights
- Click “SMS and emails”
There are 3 reports that will outline the number of SMS pushes sent, the feedback rate and give you a graphic of pushes sent over time. The third report is a full listing of all the SMS texts sent through the Feedier platform. A couple of extra information on the table:
- The link column is the tracked link sent in the SMS. You can re-send it manually. Whenever the link is clicked, it records the click and redirects to the form with the right Context Attributes
- The status column is the current status of the SMS:
|requested||The SMS was sent by Feedier|
|clicked||The link in the SMS was clicked. If you do not see a Feedback link attached to it, it means the recipient saw the page but did not proceed.|
Please, note that these reports are not yet compatible with the filtering. Coming soon.