How do you make feedback non-anonymous? Context Attributes in Feedier represent data that gives extra information about the participant and Feedback. They bring context to your answers. They are also known as metadata. Here are a couple of examples:
- Product ID
- Manager name
It very much depends on your use case and they are entirely flexible. Reasons to attach Context Attributes are:
- User Stories: Create User stories to group your data based on Context Attributes to retrieve all information for a given location or a manager.
- Context: Get all the context for a given individual Feedback, so when bad Feedback is received, you can understand exactly what are the correlations.
- Benchmark: Using the benchmark mode, you can compare dataset A vs dataset B and see which one is performing better.
Manage Context Attributes
There are two kinds of Context Attributes, visible ones: you do not know the information, and invisible ones: you do know the information already.
Visible Context Attributes
The visible Context Attributes are a seperate question type that you can add as any other type of question in the form.
- In the form builder, add a new question and choose the “Context Attributes” type
Then, you can create new Context Attributes to ask the information that you need from the respondent. You can choose between a text field and a number field
Invisible Context Attributes
When you already know the information, it’s better not to ask for it and provied it directly.
- In the links, with enriched links.
- In the emails/sms with enriched pushes.
- With automated workflows.
- By attaching to the web widget as a data-custom-fields string.
Context Attributes passed in the emails/sms or links are automatically created and attached to the Feedback. Nothing to do on your end except provide the data in the first place.
Use Context Attributes to get Insights
Once attached to the Feedback, Context Attributes can be used in different places:
- In User Stories.
- When filtering in the Feedier Dashboard.
- When benchmarking datasets.
- In the individual Feedback report to bring context